How Rich People Think
* Middle class focuses on saving. World class focuses on earning.
* Middle class believes hard work creates wealth. World class believes leverage creates wealth.
* Middle class believes money is earned through labor. World class believes money is earned through thought.
* Middle class worries about running out of money. World class thinks about how to make more money.
* Middle class sees money through the eyes of emotion. World class sees money through the eyes of logic.
* Middle class believes getting rich is outside their control. World class knows getting rich is an inside job.
* Middle class has a lottery mentality. World class has an action mentality
* Middle class is waiting to be rescued from financial mediocrity. World class knows no one is coming to the rescue.
* Middle class equates money with stress. World class equates money with peace of mind.
It seems like those who are jealous of people with money always have an emotional reaction to the rich. They are bad people, they are "fat cats," they are "pigs." It is this emotional reaction that may keep them from ever earning more. Maybe if they quit emoting at the rich, they might think through more logically how to make a few bucks themselves.
Labels: interesting books