Monday, December 26, 2005

The War Room

Since a number of readers have expressed a desire to have a public discourse on issues pertaining to the war--here is another open thread where anyone who wishes can join in to discuss the war or any issue pertaining to Iraq. This room will not be monitored although I may pop in from time to time. Try to keep it civil. The War Room will be on my side bar (along with the Playpen) so you can access it at any time.

Along the same topic, my family and I have "adopted" a solider named Brian through treatsfortroops.com. It is an organization my family members told me about where you can send treats and gifts to a soldier overseas. I have heard that the soldiers really enjoy getting the mail and gifts, especially if they do not have a family who can support them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kuperberg said...

Try to keep it civil.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

12:05 PM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger Jeff with one 'f' said...

Ugh! Please, I read politics and war related stuff all day long.

I enjoy Dr. Helen's site for it's focus on other things, including gender dynamics and the failures of American education; things that will have long-term consequences for our culture and need to be talked about EVERY DAY.

12:41 PM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger DRJ said...

I also recommend Soldiers Angels at http://www.soldiersangels.org/heroes/index.php

2:58 PM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger Jeff with one 'f' said...

Aw, Dr. Helen- I protest!

You added the "support a troop" graph after I posted! Now I sound like a Grinch! Seriously...

6:45 PM, December 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff---I don't anyone thought you were a Grinch. There is way too much partisanship and rancor these days, and regardless where a person sits politically, supporting troops OUGHT to be Job #1

8:23 PM, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home