Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meet the protesters

I interviewed some Tea Party Protesters on homeschooling and their feelings about the government last week that are now up.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger fred said...

the first interview a sure indication of total silliness..The national govt is not taxing her property in her home state etc etc, and yet she carps abut taxes and ignores the simple fact that 95% of the people are having national taxes reduced. taxation without representation? Dhe never was allowed to vote or does she mean the people she voted for did not win?If she has senator etc in congress, then she has taxation WITH representation.If she doesn't know whereof she speaks, she would better sspend her time reading up on what is going on instead of "protesting."

10:00 PM, April 22, 2009  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

I can't help it...with the title, I expect a movie sequel with Ben Stiller.

10:21 PM, April 22, 2009  
Blogger Helen said...

fred,

In the second interview, I bring up these points--that 95% of people will be getting a tax break. The people aren't buying it, they are smart enough to know that 5% of the population cannot support the other 95% and their taxes will go up, if not directly, then indirectly.

7:58 AM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger TMink said...

Helen wrote: "they are smart enough to know that 5% of the population cannot support the other 95% and their taxes will go up, if not directly, then indirectly."

Well, THEY are smart enough. Not everyone is smart enough to realize that though.

Trey

8:17 AM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger I R A Darth Aggie said...

the simple fact that 95% of the people are having national taxes reducedReally? where?

Cigarette taxes just went up, now Congress is eyeing placing an internet sales tax. So where is this so-called tax cut coming from?

9:20 AM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger Larry J said...

yet she carps abut taxes and ignores the simple fact that 95% of the people are having national taxes reducedThat simply isn't true. Tobacco taxes increased sharply this month and that impacts the poor and middle class the most. They're talking about cap and trade for carbon emissions which will result in a massive tax increase on energy for everyone. The massive and unprecedented increase in the national debt will result in tax increases in the near future. The empty Social Security Trust Fund will result in tax increases soon as the SS tax collections will prove insufficient to meet the outlays. The same is likely for Medicare taxes. Obama is talking about reducing income tax withholding by about $13 per paycheck (Burger King here I come!) but isn't actually lowering the taxes due next year. Big whoop. Sounds like Fred drank the Kool Aid.

1:12 PM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger Wayne said...

the simple fact that 95% of the people are having national taxes reducedLet's see. The Cigarette taxes and Cap & Trade have already been covered, but also:

1) Gasoline taxes are probably going up.
2) HR875, the oh-so-innocently-named "Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009" will raise the cost of food (while potentially forcing smaller food-producers out of the market).
3) New regulations on emissions for the auto industry will raise the prices there.

I could go on, but I would have to do more research. Those are a good start, though.

2:37 PM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger Larry J said...

Some people talk as if the federal income tax is the only tax out there. Just as a partial list, here are some of the taxes my wife and I pay (to the tune of over $40K a year):

1. federal income tax
2. state income tax
3. Social Security tax
4. Medicare tax
5. property tax
6. city, county, and state sales taxes
7. gasoline tax
8. vehicle use tax
9. utilities taxes on electricity, natural gas, water, and sewage
10. taxes tacked on to by land-line and cell phone bills

That doesn't even begin to cover them all. Nor does that begin to cover the corporate taxes passed on to us as part of the price of everything we buy.

Add to that the never ending series of "fees" that government keeps passing and raising. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. A fee is just another name for a tax.

95% of Americans won't see their taxes increase? Are people really gullible enough to believe that nonsense?

4:42 PM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger Pete said...

fred, you're either a liar or an idiot. 45% of all people payno tax at all. What is the rate of reduction, on their taxes, as a percentage?

If they get a handout, it's spending.

The top 5% - the people who "aren't getting a tax cut - pay most of the damn taxes.

So what we have is a transfer of wealth from one group to anohter.

If you like that, you're nothing but a damn communist.

10:29 PM, April 23, 2009  
Blogger Robert Cook said...

"So what we have is a transfer of wealth from one group to anohter(sic)".

It's always a transfer of wealth from one group to another...but it's always a transfer from bottom to top. It's about time there be a transfer of wealth from top down to bottom.

Of course, it won't work out that way, and the wealthy will still end up raping the rest of us.

9:16 AM, April 24, 2009  
Blogger Larry J said...

It's always a transfer of wealth from one group to another...but it's always a transfer from bottom to top. It's about time there be a transfer of wealth from top down to bottom.

Of course, it won't work out that way, and the wealthy will still end up raping the rest of us.
When I buy something from a grocery store, I'm transferring some of my wealth to them. They don't buy anything from me. They also have more money than I do. Is that wrong?

God, get an economic clue.

1:09 PM, April 24, 2009  
Blogger Robert Cook said...

"When I buy something from a grocery store, I'm transferring some of my wealth to them. They don't buy anything from me. They also have more money than I do. Is that wrong"?

Aiieeeee!! Teh stupid...it burns!

4:04 PM, April 24, 2009  
Blogger Larry J said...

That's what I said when I read your nonsense. If stupidity were painful, you'd collapse.

5:00 PM, April 24, 2009  
Blogger 9988 said...

smiling,face.Not,only,can,answer,good,intentions,by,form.Can,also,shorten,distance,between,human,relationses!Happiness-not-is-getting-much.And-is-accounting-less~wish-happy-delectation..

1:03 PM, April 25, 2009  
Blogger 9988 said...

美女影音聊天室及時通視訊美女免費視訊優女聊天室視訊聊天交友免費視訊 辣妹脫衣互動秀做愛視訊 免費體驗網影音視訊聊天情人網dodo成人聊天室台北一夜激情聊天室123上班族聊天室激情聊天室優質辣妹影音視訊聊天室私密論壇櫻桃不夜城情色論壇東東成人情色論壇舞之心情色論壇玫瑰公爵成人論壇sm聊天室水都情色論壇臺灣情色論壇嗆辣妹影音視訊聊天室Girl美女視訊聊天室愛情花園聊天室月光情色論壇BT成人論壇學生族視訊高雄一夜情聊天室愛情公寓聊天室自拍盜攝館成人自拍網友自拍網友自拍真實自拍貼圖激情自拍館女孩自拍本土自拍寫真104自拍美女貼圖自拍做愛貼圖小魔女自摸自拍淫蕩天使情色網ㄧ葉晴成人貼圖片區歐美街頭露點自拍自拍偷窺貼圖區無名辣妹自拍美女工廠貼圖區007成人網情色貼圖金瓶梅貼圖檳榔西施自拍照片激情成人網愛聊天室台灣妹妹情色貼圖偷窺大本營sex520免費影片甜心寶貝直播s383情人視訊亞洲情色視訊交友免費UT視訊交友日本成人短片金瓶影片交流區情色網站18成人圖片亞洲成人圖片區sex貼片一葉情貼圖片區百分百成人圖片一夜情視訊聊天室無碼女優 - YUKI月光論壇浪漫月光論壇維克斯討論區成人免費視訊聊天msn情色聊天室自拍美女聊天室明星貼圖區情色故事xvediox 免費成人頻道愛島交友聊天室Xmatch成人交友中心

1:04 PM, April 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home