Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Carnival of Homeschooling

The Carnival of Homeschooling: week #9 is being hosted at the Why Homeschool Blog. The theme this week is Greek mythology--"In ancient Greek mythology, nine muses or goddesses were believed to inspire artists, musicians, writers and poets. It was common in ancient schools to have a shrine to the Muses called mouseion, the source of the modern word 'museum.' We review these mythical goddesses as applied to home education. We hope you are a 'mused.' " I find it amusing that they filed my post under the muse of comedy--oh well, that's probably where it belongs. Go check out some of the interesting posts.

3 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

Funny, I mused about muses recently myself.

I'm certain the host of the carnival hadn't visited my site (I won't be running off to London to sue), sometimes good ideas spring forth at a variety of venues independently.

Love the carnivals, keep pointing to them.

And I am a'mused', but then I'm frequently and easily amused, makes life more pleasing.

Also you don't make a poor Thalia, but for my money I'll still choose Barbara Stanwyck.

6:55 AM, February 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little off topic, but here's a really cool homeschooling story:

http://www.cherryholmesfamilyband.com/home.htm

11:35 AM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Land rover manual pdf Birth registrar office mpanda arusha

3:18 AM, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home